Signs Insurance Company Is Delaying Claims
When you’ve suffered storm or hurricane damages, filing your insurance claim and receiving compensation for damages should always be a top priority. The longer you wait, the less likely you will be to receive the full benefits you deserve. Insurance agents know this and will often use it as a tactic to avoid paying what they owe policyholders. On the other hand, delays are common in a hurricane situation due to the fact that insurance companies are bombarded with many claims at once. So how do you know if your insurance company is intentionally delaying claims?
7 Signs your insurance Company is intentionally delaying your hurricane damage claim
- Paperwork you’ve already sent was “not received” or goes “missing”
- Your insurance agent uses unreasonable interpretations of ambiguous sections of your policy to deny coverage
- You’re asked for follow-up statements
- You are told that your claim is pending investigation, though you receive no more information or updates from the adjuster
- Your insurer fails to promptly acknowledge your claim
- Your insurer fails to schedule a thorough investigation of your claim in a timely manner
- Your insurer requests documentation not required by the policy
What should you do if you believe your hurricane claim is being delayed?
If you believe your insurance company is intentionally delaying your hurricane claim, contact an insurance attorney to determine if you have a Bad Faith case.